- 10 minutes of instruction
- 35 minutes of workgroups
- 15 minute breaks
Why take this CSM course?
Because, when it comes to Agile, mindset (how you think) matters more than practices (what you do). And that means you want a world-class training environment and a top-quality experience from an exceptional instructor. One that helps you get into the Agile frame of mind so you can stop working harder and start working more effectively to deal with the challenging issues you face every day. After all, processes and tools can get you only so far.
- Now’s the time to ask yourself the tough questions:
- Am I satisfied to cobble together activities that seem like Scrum or am I ready to get serious about using the real thing?
- Am I ready to truly understand Agile—to put “whys before hows,” and learn the underlying principles and values that drive success before getting into successful practices—or am I satisfied to just do Agile?
- Am I ready to hold real conversations with my managers and executives or am I satisfied to stick with superficial interactions?
- Am I ready to start measuring value delivered and stop measuring work output?
- Am I ready for a one-of-a-kind training experience that instills the confidence to engage successfully in Agile practices as soon as I get back to my team or am I satisfied to stick with the typical Agile training session?
With successful course completion, you can choose to become a Certified ScrumMaster® by passing the short exam found on the Scrum Alliance website. Steve offers the option to complete that on the 2nd day, so you can leave fully certified!
The best ScrumMasters know they need the kind of training that provides actionable knowledge and skills. And you’ll join their ranks when you choose Agile For All’s two-day Certified ScrumMaster® workshop.
We guarantee our CSM workshop will be a one-of-a-kind experience, instilling confidence to engage successful Agile practices right away.
OUR CSM WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- Access to free Scrum and Agile resources
What You Can Expect
Come prepared to participate! In this training session, you can expect an interactive experience. Agile For All’s wholly immersive, brain-friendly training style means you’ll dig deep into real-world situations, learn by exploring, have fun, practice new skills, and remember more of the course content.
You’ll find out how to understand real-world complexity and change, and use your understanding as an advantage for you your team and your organization. You’ll see how to build learning and continuous improvement into your daily activities. And you’ll uncover new ways to communicate effectively with your team and stakeholders to constantly create high-value deliverables – regardless of your industry.
When you choose CSM training from Agile For All, you also create an unbreakable relationship that encourages ongoing interaction with our experts and gives you access to our extensive Agile resources for as long as you’re involved with Scrum.
What Participants Say
“The course was extremely interactive and fun! Really enjoyed learning, interacting with local professionals, meeting new people, and being ready to take the test at the end of course.”
“Instructor was very knowledgeable and had significant experience to draw upon when answering the nuances of various questions from class attendees.”
HIGH RETENTION: Agile For All trainers use accelerated learning techniques like Training From The Back Of The Room to present the course material in brain-friendly ways that help you maximize learning and retention.
- NO BOREDOM: Agile For All courses are designed to be highly interactive.
- FUN: Every part of this course is designed to keep you engaged and having fun while learning the material.
- WHYS BEFORE HOWS: Beyond the basic Scrum framework, you’ll learn the underlying principles and values that drive success before getting into successful practices, allowing you to understand the practices at a much deeper level.
- LEARN BY DOING: Multiple creative exercises and simulations give you the opportunity to practice core skills necessary to be a successful Certified ScrumMaster® — skills like facilitation, coaching, conflict resolution and leadership.
About the Course Facilitator
Peter Saddington is a 3x startup founder, angel investor, and Certified Scrum Trainer who has been in software development for 20+ years. He has three Masters degrees (Counseling, Education, and Religion) and the author of The Agile Pocket Guide (Wiley, 2012). Come learn from a proven enterprise coach and startup founder with experiences of moving a 12,000 person business unit to agile, building his own startups, going through venture funding, and even acquisition. Peter’s courses are 100% experience and workshop based with less than 30 slides in a 2-3 day training course. In Peter’s CSM courses you will experience a full-team scrum simulation over 2-days and shall become more than just a CSM, you’ll become a better leader and human.
Bring this training to your organization! Agile For All comes to you with private training workshops by some of the top Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coaches and Certified Scrum Trainers. For information about private workshops, group discounts or questions, contact Peter Saddington directly!
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 14 PDUs for this course.
Need to convince someone else?
Download a PDF brochure you can send to others.
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Who This Course is Designed For
If you work in an organization that creates any sort of product, then you are an ideal CSM candidate. While the course is primarily designed for people filling the role of ScumMaster, anyone who wants to help their organization be more successful is encouraged to attend.
If you are already on a Scrum team you will learn how to become a change agent to help your team achieve a higher level of success.
- Business Analysts
- Documentation Specialists
- Marketing People
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Members
- Sales People
- Operations and Support
- Technical Writers
We go into detail on how to facilitate, coach, resolve conflict and lead a team, as well as share our industry experiences so our course material remains relevant. Some of the material covered during the 2-day workshop:
- SCRUM THEORY – The three legs of Scrum theory: transparency, inspection and adaptation are examined in detail.
- SCRUM FRAMEWORK BASICS – The meetings, artifacts and roles which make up the Scrum process.
- SCRUM PRACTICES – Estimation, planning and other practices which are commonly used in Scrum.
- SCRUM LEADERSHIP – What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster?
- COACHING AND FACILITATION – Coaching scenarios and facilitation techniques commonly used by ScrumMasters.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND BUILDING TRUST – Helpful hints and techniques for building strong teams even if conflict exists.